Sunday, September 11, 2011

My First Try with Thai Inspired Cooking

My holy basil (courtesy of Gay) is now in full bloom. I already tried making tea using its leaves and it was simply rejuvenating, now it's time to try cooking holy basil the way my friend does it!

I used ground pork, lots of garlic, a few Philippine chilies (my Thai chilies are due for harvesting few weeks from now :-D), a cupful of freshly picked holy basil. . .

I used the wok in stir frying all the ingredients . . .

the finished product!
bits and pieces:
  • Holy basil is known as Kraphao in Thai language (best used for cooking!)
  • According to Wikipedia, it is Ocimum tenuiflorum
  • For the Indians, it is known as Tulsi or Tulasi (an anti-stress remedy)
:-D be prepared with your hankies while preparing this recipe because you will be sneezing all the way . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment