Sunday, December 12, 2010

A Mom's Champorado

My Lola Iyay makes the best champorado during my younger years. We usually pair this fare with fried salted fish (bulad/daing). Having this food during rainy days was heavenly. It can sooth the numbness brought about by cold weathers.

I also tried serving my kids champorado and fried daing before and what I got was Ewwwww! For them, it was an odd pair so it's Ewwwww. . . . :-)

The mom in me made me look for ways to make my kids love champorado. Thanks heavens, there's fresh milk to the rescue :-) My kids now love more than ever my champorado!

here are the ingredients:
glutinous rice (cold rice can be a good substitute)
tablea/cocoa/chocolate
brown sugar
fresh milk

simple steps in cooking:
  • cook the glutinous rice in water inside a big casserole/pan (1 cup rice = 4 cups water)
  • when the rice is almost done, add your tablea/chocolate (stir until the chocolate melts)
  • serve immediately with brown sugar and fresh milk
Best served with your best smile for your kids!



2 comments:

  1. Oh no, Ate Jinks! Bigla ko namiss si Mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too, Gay! na miss ko talaga lola ko. . . she's still the best if champorado ang pag-usapan. . .

    ReplyDelete