Friday, September 3, 2010

Jinky's Spaghetti

I love my spaghetti with lots of spices!

Ingredients:
450 gram pack spaghetti
Del Monte Tomato Sauce and Catsup
olive oil
beef
garlic, onions, bell pepper and fresh tomatoes
pepper
Thai fish sauce
cheese
sugar (optional)

Cook the pasta according to directions written on the pack. Salt and cooking oil are a must while boiling your pasta.

As I boil the pasta, I also concoct my sauce at the same time. I saute in the olive oil garlic, onions, bell pepper and tomatoes (sun ripened). Pre-cooked ground beef is then added. I let it simmer for a few minutes. My seasonings when making the sauce are just Thai fish sauce and pepper. I don't put salt and MSG at all. I sometime add in a little sugar when my kids crave for sweet spaghetti. After I put the tomato sauce and ketchup, I just let it cook for a few minutes. After making sure that it's done, I then mix it with the fully cooked and drained pasta. Presto! we now have a spaghetti oozing with the aroma and crunchiness of different spices. Top this then with cheese. Me and my kids love our cheese chunky, that's why we prefer it sliced than grated.


No comments:

Post a Comment