Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Let's Eat Tuna Omelette

Gensan is best known for our tuna. According to the wikipedia, tuna is a salt water fish from the family Scombridae, mostly in the genus Thunnus.

Tuna meat/flakes can be sourced out here at much cheaper price. I usually stock on tuna for easy reach during times when I can't go to supermarkets. Just like last week, because of work and other activities overload I had, I was left with no choice but to cook meals with whatever available ingredients in the pantry.

I still have tuna cans and eggs so I decided to make an omelette.

Ingredients

  • 3 to 4 eggs
  • 1 can of water-packed tuna
  • garlic, onions, tomatoes
  • cheese
  • corn oil
  • catsup
I sauteed in corn oil the garlic, onion, tomatoes and tuna. Seasoned it with a little bit of cheese, salt, and pepper. Once cooked, I set this aside.

I then pour blended eggs into a non-stick pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. While cooking over low heat, I added in the pre cooked tuna mixture. When eggs begin to firm, folded it in half and cooked for a couple more minutes on each side. Then placed on plate and drizzled with sweet blend DM catsup. Presto! I have a yummy fare for breakfast that is best served with rice or bread. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment