Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Sauteed Shrimp Paste with lots of Tomatoes

According to wikipedia, the word "tomato" comes from the Nahuatl word tomatl, which means "the swelling fruit". It is known to be rich in lycopene. Botanically, it is known as a fruit but for culinary purposes, it is a vegetable.

For me, it doesn't matter at all if it's a fruit or a vegetable as long as I have a steady supply of it :-D

For several weeks now, literally, we had an abundant supply of these tomatoes fresh from my sideyard garden. It is very seldom that I prepare food without tomatoes as one of the ingredients now. From salad to soups to main courses, it's always there!

Last night, I tried using it as an appetizer. Sauteed lots of it with shrimp paste and some pork fats.

Ingredients:
oil from pork fats
garlic
onion
ripe tomatoes
thai chilies
locally produced shrimp paste


The result? An appetizing piece that would make you want or crave for more rice :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment